Please take the time to read and understand the conditions of booking set out below prior to booking a trip with TruTravels. We also recommend that you read the relevant information for your chosen trip on the website prior to booking, to ensure that you understand the itinerary and style of the trip you are undertaking.
Conditions of age
You must be at least 18 years of age to participate in a TruTravels Experience. There is technically no upper age limit (you are as young as you feel)! However, you should note that the majority of customers will be under the age of 37 and you will need a degree of physical fitness and mobility to participate in some of the activities.
Passport and Visas
You must carry a valid passport and have obtained all of the appropriate visas, permits and certificates for the countries in which you will visit during your trip.
Your passport must be valid for six months beyond the duration of the trip. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of the correct visas, permits and certificates for your trip; please refer to the Trip Notes for details. Please note: we cannot be held responsible if you are refused entry to a country because you lack the correct passport, visa or other travel documentation.
It is compulsory to have Travel Insurance that covers you for the whole duration of your TruTravels Trip. You need to have shown us proof of cover before the start date of your tour in order to take part (by email or to group leader in person). You should also always read your travel insurance policy documents to ensure you know what you are covered for and have an adequate level of cover.
Booking procedure and details
To secure a place on any of our tours, when booking we will need the following information from you. This is all controlled through our booking platform, so if you’ve booked and made a payment, we will automatically receive your details. If there are any issues with your booking, we will contact you directly – that’s why we need the details!
Your Booking Contract
When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. A contract will exist as soon as we issue our confirmation number. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions, which are governed by English Law, and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. You may however choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you live there and wish to do so.
Details we need you to provide:
In order for us to confirm your travel arrangements you must provide all requested details and the balance of the trip price within the timeframes outlined below.
- Full name as per passport
- Date of birth
- Payment details
- Flight/arrival details
- Travel insurance confirmation
- Dietary requirements
- Any pre-existing medical conditions you have which may affect your ability to participate in the tour.
Details about your flight / arrival
You must provide us with your flight details at least 14 days before arrival if you wish to be picked up from the airport. If you are already in the country and would like to meet us at the hotel then just let us know when you intend to arrive and we can arrange for your group leader to meet you there.
If you arrive within two days of the start of your tour we can collect you from the airport if you stay with us at the start hotel of your tour. You can book your extra accommodation by calling the U.K head office on +44 (0) 203 542 2463 . If you arrive earlier than two days before your trip start date you will need to meet us at the start hotel, so please inform us if you are doing so.
We also encourage you to co-ordinate flights with other group members wherever possible, you can get in touch with them on our Facebook page or your own tour Facebook group. All bookings with travel agents and airlines are subject to the Terms and Conditions and Limitations of Liability imposed by them. They will provide you with their own Terms & Conditions.
A non-refundable £100 deposit is required to reserve your space. If booking within 30 days of the start date of your tour then the full amount is payable at the time of booking. Once we have received your booking we will email you a receipt and confirmation outlining payment dates if applicable.
Date Changes on your booking
Plans sometimes change, so if you wish to change your group date after making a booking then just let us know at least 30 days before the start date and we will move you to any available group. If you have to change dates for reasons outside of your control inside 30 days of the start of your tour then an administrative fees will apply and any date change will only be subject to availability. No dates changes will be allowed less than 7 days before the start date of your trip.
Also, whilst we will always do our best to accommodate, please be aware that we cannot guarantee availability of other start dates at short notice. Start date changes are limited to one per person, if you need to change again a second time then the refund policy applicable to cancellations will apply.
If you wish to change your flight departure or return date you will be subject to the Terms & Conditions of your travel agent or airline.
Name Changes on your booking
If for reasons outside of your control you cannot go on your chosen tour, you may transfer your booking to a friend provided that he/she meets all the requirements in relation to the trip. Again, we must be informed of this at least 30 days before your start date or a £40 admin fee is applicable.
- As we are a UK-based company, all payments will be taken in Pound Sterling
- You can pay by credit or debit card through the website or over the phone (Not American Express)
- Full payment must be made at least 30 days prior to the start date of your tour. If full payment is not completed by the due date cancellation is assumed.
Payment is 100% secure, when purchasing from TruTravels Ltd. your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL encryption technology. If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please contact us at email@example.com
Plans can change, and we understand life happens – our cancellation policy depends on who is making the cancellation. Please take the time to read through the below information:
Cancellations – by you
- If you cancel your booking more than 30 days prior to the start date of your trip you will receive a full refund, less the £100 deposit
- No refunds will be available if you cancel within 30 days of the start date of your trip
- We will allow you to change dates once under the condition above. If you fail to make contact and have not arrived by the agreed start date, we are entitled to treat the tour as having been cancelled.
- Bookings cancelled and rebooked in a promotional period with a discount will be void of any savings and original price will be charged.
No cancellation fees will be waived as a result of the following:
- Injury or sickness
- Delayed, rescheduled or missed flights
- Climatic, social or political problems
- Pandemics, Epidemics, Bird flu, Swine flu, SARS, Leprosy or ingrown toenails!
- Any other form of ‘Force Majeure’
You may be able to have your cancellation fees refunded by your Travel Insurance Company depending on their terms – that’s why it’s also very important you arrange travel insurance before coming on tour!
Cancellations – by us
We may cancel a trip at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your trip, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternative start date or in circumstances where cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be given less any unrecoverable expenses. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including, but not limited to, visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights.
In the very rare event that we do not receive the minimum number of bookings to provide the trip, we, at our discretion, shall be entitled to cancel or curtail the trip at any time up to seven days prior to the start date. We will always move you to the nearest group so as not to disrupt your plans too much. This is also to ensure that there are enough people in the group to make it the most possible fun for you! If this occurs and it is not possible for you to participate in a trip with a different start date we will give a full refund, however you shall not be entitled to make any claim for loss arising as a consequence of cancellation or curtailment in these circumstances.
Changes in Itinerary
There are many factors outside of our control in Thailand including the weather. We will always do our best to keep to the itinerary stated (and 99.9% of the time we will) however on very rare occasions it may be necessary to change the itinerary slightly due to weather or other circumstances beyond our control. If this does occur and we are unable to offer a particular activity, we will replace it with a different activity of equal or greater value (and awesomeness). Under no circumstances will we be liable to full or partial refunds as a result of necessary changes to itineraries, transport and/or accommodation.
Inclusions – the price of your trip includes:
- All accommodation as listed in the itinerary and brochure
- All transport and daytime activities listed in the itinerary and brochure
- Sightseeing and meals as listed in the brochure
- The services of a group leader as described in the brochure
Exclusions – the land price of your trip does not include:
- Any flights
- Taxes and excess baggage charges
- Meals other than those specified in the itinerary
- Visa and passport fees
- Travel insurance
- Anything else
Customers with additional needs
It is your responsibility to disclose, prior to booking, any physical or mental condition which may be relevant. We reserve the right to decline to provide the Tour for a person where, in our opinion, that trip would be inconsistent with the needs of that person. We will not be held liable for the cancellation of an unsuitable Tour for any person where that person’s additional needs have not been disclosed at the time of booking.
Special Requests (e.g. own/double room, dietary requirements) shall be communicated in writing at the time of the booking. We shall use reasonable endeavors to fulfil such requests. However, special requests cannot be guaranteed and do not form part of the Contract.
You acknowledge that the nature of the trip is adventurous and participation involves a degree of personal risk. You will be visiting places where the political, cultural and geographical attributes may present dangers and physical challenges greater than those present in our normal daily lives. We use all available information in assessing whether the itinerary should operate and group leaders will always be with you during group activities to advise on best practice with regards to safety, however there may still be inherent risks due to the nature of the activity and you need to take all reasonable precautions at all times.
You acknowledge that your decision to travel is made in light of consideration of this information and you accept that you assume the personal risks attendant upon such travel. You will also need to sign a Participation Form on starting the tour. Note: No alcoholic drinks are included in the price of the tour and we will not be held liable for any incidents that occur to you under the influence. If you chose to drink alcohol at any time during the tour then you accept all responsibility for your own safety and that of your belongings.
We take no responsibility for any loss or theft of baggage or belongings. Travel Insurance is compulsory for TruTravels trip and should cover you for such losses. Our guides will however do their best to keep you and your possessions safe and will provide you with the best advice on how to do so. Thefts are rare and it is far more common for people to lose things as a result of their own carelessness – we cannot however be held accountable in either case.
Everyone wants to have a good time and we are here to help you do that. All that we ask is that you are considerate of other people and that you agree to comply with the authority and decisions of the TruTravels Group Leader with regards to all manners related to safety and wellbeing of the group. We reserve the right to ask you to leave the group if your behavior, conduct, manner and/or action during the trip is likely to cause offence to others, or endanger the safety or well-being of other group members (or yourself) or if you are deliberately causing trouble. In the event that you are asked to leave the group, no refund will be given and you will have no claim against TruTravels. (We have never had to do this so far and hope never to have to!). If your behavior, conduct, and/or action causes any damage to the accommodation in which we are staying, or causes delay or diversion to any means of transportation and/or the trip, you agree to fully indemnify us against any claim (including legal costs) made by or on behalf of any relevant third party.
- Optional activities
Optional activities not included in the trip price do not form part of the trip or this contract. You accept that any assistance given by your Group Leader or local representative in arranging optional activities does not render us liable for them in any way. This includes nights out with your group – when out in the evenings (if you choose to go out) your group leader may accompany you and will provide you with instructions on how to get to and from the resort and advice on safety but is in no way responsible for your well-being especially if you are under the influence of alcohol. Night time/additional activities are not included in the tour and you assume all responsibility for yourself if you choose to partake in any activity other than those described in the itinerary.
- Alcohol – You’re all adults (18+) and we want you to have a great time. Due to the nature of the trip it’s likely that most people will choose to get drunk at times. Please ensure you are responsible and do not put yourself or others in any danger. As with above, Group Leaders will be present as often as possible but they can not be responsible for your safety if you get too drunk and wander off or do something stupid. Please take care at all times and remember you are not at home, we are not your parents and we can not take responsibility for any incidents you may encounter due to being reckless, drunk or both.
- Consumer Protection
The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 require us to provide security for the monies that you pay for the package holidays and for your repatriation in the unlikely event of our insolvency. We provide this security by way of a Trust account held through the Travel Trust Association (TTA).
If at any point you feel you may have reason to complain or are simply not having an awesome time then please inform your Group Leader straight away. We will always do our best to rectify the situation but cannot do so if you do not say anything. We are here to help you have the experience of a lifetime, please give us reasonable opportunity to rectify the situation if you are not.
Notwithstanding the above, you may notify us in writing using the feedback form at any point after your trip and we will still try to help. If you do wish to make a formal complaint then it must be received in writing within 20 days of the end of your tour. You may also email the the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
If a complaint can’t be amicably settles, you can use ABTA’s approved Alternative Dispute Resolution Scheme (ADR) available through www.abta.com
Limitations of liability
- We will accept liability for the negligence of our staff or agents causing death or physical injury to persons or loss or damage to personal property only to the extent it is obliged under the applicable law and only in connection with the ‘Inclusions’ above. This acceptance of liability is subject to clause c. below.
- In other circumstances we are responsible to you for the proper performance of this contract. This acceptance of liability is subject to clauses c and d, below.
- We shall not be liable for any damage or loss if the failure to carry out the contract is:
Attributable to you.
• Attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for and the event is unforeseeable or unavoidable.
• Due to unforeseen and unusual circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had to be exercised.
• Due to political disputes, border closures, refusal of visas, industrial action, climate or other matters of a similar nature and any other force majeure.
• Due to an event which, even with all due care, we could not reasonably foresee or forestall.
- Any liability covered under clause b. above is limited to the price paid. In the case of damaged property the liability is limited to a maximum amount equal to the amount paid by or on behalf of the owner of the property. In all cases we exclude all liability for indirect or consequential loss or expense including loss of profits.
- Our acceptance of liability in clauses a and b above is subject to assignment by you of your rights against any agent, supplier or sub-contractor which is in any way responsible for the unsatisfactory arrangements or your death or personal injury.
If as a consequence of “Force Majeure” (as defined below), We are obliged to curtail, alter, extend, delay or cancel the Tour, you shall not be at liberty to maintain a claim for compensation or otherwise for any loss arising as a consequence of said curtailment, alteration, extension or cancellation of the trip.
“Force Majeure” means Acts of God, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire or other destruction of any vessel, craft or vehicle to be used in connection with a holiday, destruction or damage to holiday accommodation, riots, acts of war, civil commotion, exercise of legislative or government action, municipal or military or other authority, strikes, industrial action, requisition of equipment, mechanical breakdown, shortage of fuel, insolvency or default of any carrier or service connected with the trip.
Errors & Omissions
Although we have made a concerted attempt to verify the accuracy of statements made in our trip documentation including brochure and website we cannot be held responsible for any error, omission or unintentional misrepresentation that may occur.
In the event that any term or condition contained in these Booking Conditions is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason then such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.
The laws of the England govern these Booking Conditions to the fullest extent allowable. Any disputes in connection with these Booking Conditions if not capable of being resolved amicably between the Customer and the Company must be initiated in the courts of England. Participation in any TruTravels Ltd tour confirms acceptance of the conditions outlined above. If you have any questions regarding our Terms & Conditions please feel free to contact us.
Photos and marketing
You consent to us using images of you taken during the trip for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium we choose. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
Booking through a Travel Agent
All monies you pay to the travel agent are held by him on our behalf at all times and you may also fall under their own booking conditions.
We provide full financial protection for our package holidays by way of an Insurance policy with CBL Insurance Europe Limited.
Any personal information that we collect about you may be used for any purpose associated with the operation of a trip or to send you marketing material in relation to our events and special offers. The information may be disclosed to our agents, service providers or other suppliers to enable us to operate the trip. Other than that we won’t ever email you unless it’s for a necessary, legitimate reason. And we won’t give your email address or personal information to anyone else. We take appropriate technical and organisational measures which are intended to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data. If you believe that any of your personal data which we are processing is inaccurate or incorrect please contact us immediately.
In order to process your booking and to ensure that your travel arrangements run smoothly and meet your requirements, we need to use the personal information that you provide. We take responsibility for ensuring that proper security measures are in place to protect your information.
We must pass your information on to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements such as airlines, hotels, and transport companies. The information may also be provided to public authorities such as customs/immigration if required by them or as required by law.
Controls on data protection may not be as stringent outside the European Economic Area as the legal requirement in the UK, or your country of residence. We will only pass information to any person responsible for part of your travel arrangements. Where you provide us with personal details, you consent to this information being passed on to such organizations, or companies responsible for your travel arrangements. If we cannot pass on this information, we cannot provide your travel arrangements.
TruTravels complies with relevant data protection requirements and has in place an effective policy for protecting your privacy. The policy is available for you to see. The main points are:
- We will collect and use the personal data you give us fairly and lawfully. Your data will include contact information, personal information and preferences, and will be used for us to gauge your suitability for the trip you are booking and to help us correctly make arrangements for your trip. We will pass on many of the details you give us to the overseas staff and suppliers so that they can properly prepare you for your trip.
- Some of your data could be sensitive, such as your religion or health details. We require this data to ensure that your trip preparations can be properly made and you consent to its use.
- You can request to see all the personal data we hold about you at any time, and we will show you. We will explain to you why we need the data and to whom it will be passed.
- We will amend any date that changes, such as an address change or contact details.
- You have the right to opt out of future marketing approaches from us but must inform us if you do not wish to be contacted.
- The information you provide to us will only be held for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected.
- We will not give away or sell your data to any organization other than the ones we deem necessary for the proper organization of your trip.
- We reserve the right to use images of you or comments made by you, whether taken by us, our suppliers or others, for use in TruTravels or other publications and websites, now or in the future. You accept that we have the right to do this and we may mention your name, location and age. If you do not wish these images to appear you must advise us at the time you see them publicized and we will remove them from websites and not use them in future printed materials.
We are entitled to assume that you do not object to our doing any of the things mentioned above unless you tell us otherwise in writing.
TruTravels Ltd is a registered company with a registered address of 39 Etchingham Park Road, London, England, N3 2DU.